Saturday, May 18, 2013

I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart.


So that was a well deserved, well needed, re-energizing holiday. I LOVE IRELAND! People just walk around with a pint of Guinness at 2 in the afternoon and old ladies stop you in the street to compliment your bag. And the kids, oh Lord my beautiful nephews. I love them with every piece of molecule I have inside of me. Also during the whole 2 weeks I was there I didn't feel hunger at all. The next meal was always there that my stomach didn't have the time to be empty. THERE'S ALWAYS FOOD TO EAT. It was beautiful. My sister is an amazing cook and mother and wife. I'm proud as hell. AND HEY I read so many books it's crazy. It's like a physical and mental holiday and I'm just feeding myself all these food and books and now I'm all fat and jolly and clever.

A whole day of plane rides and airports and foreign languages and boarding passes. Jeez Louise man.

This flabbergasted French lady was yapping at me in French, asking for directions I think, and I was so taken aback I just nodded and said "Oui, oui." She smiled and said "Merci!" and I'm pretty sure I just made her miss her flight.

I gulped down 3 cans of Redbull in Cairo which I'm pretty sure is toxic. I got very jittery in the plane ride to Alex and kept freaking people out by humming and just being generally hyper. The steward dude was like "Drinks miss?" I said "Scotch and soda please" He's like "We don't serve alcohol in this flight Miss." And I said, "Okay then apple juice it is! Hehehe"

And those custom people before you go out after baggage claim, where you have to declare any illegal weird shit that you're carrying around in your baggage, I swear it's annoying as hell. Why ask me what I have in my bag and then casually glance at my bag, not even opened, and be all like "Okay" That's not efficient security work. I swear I almost, tip of my tongue, almost said "Oh you know, explosives and shit. And a couple of dirty socks." just to be a wise ass.


And these guys, yeah, they're amazing. This song is just too good to not be everywhere and annoy the hell out of you but you still love it and sing along every time it's on the radio, like that song Little Talks.



No comments: