Saturday, April 13, 2013

Swell window.


Started to jog again. My body is now broken and my legs are no longer there. But man alive, how I've missed running. I use to run all the time when I was younger. Running away from my angry mom, running towards the roti ice cream motorcycle guy, running around in circles, in zig zags, running up a tree, stairs, roads, running after cats, cows, buffaloes, baby chickens, running in school sports day, marathons. I was a very healthy, active child. Then puberty happened and all I wanted to do was eat chocolate donuts and watch Blues Clues in my pyjamas.

The people at the stadium were all like, 6 feet tall dudes in spandex doing sit ups and sprints and 12 year olds with biceps bigger than a log and then there's me, in my sweatshirt with a fitness level of a tree. It was amazing though. Ran until my sides hurt. Saw a fat kid running. He was all slow and limping but he wouldn't stop. I love him. There's a special place in my heart for fat kids who runs.

In my head, while running, I kept picturing the part in Mulan where Shang was all disappointed that China sent a bunch of pansies to fight the war and was like, "SOMEHOW I'LLLLLL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOUUUU!" and in the end, he did, through hard work and dedication. It's very inspirational.

Also, no work out playlist is ever complete without Eye of the Tiger. That song can make making toast the most important physical task you've ever done in your life and that you must do it with enough man power to pull a horse cart.

On the way back while waiting for the tram, I saw a random good looking guy with a small drum thing and I winked at him a little. He could easily have been a hobo. Sigh, I have no self control.




I'm going to Ireland this May. I sort of wish I'm going with someone cool but no one wants to go with me. But really I shouldn't, because by the time I get there I'd probably regret having anyone with me since I'd have to be the host and all courteous when I really just want to eat bagels all day in a bathrobe and watch Peppa Pig with my nephews. Ah glorious days, they shall be.

But for now, I need to study about eye things and such. Exams are near and I have no idea what I'm going to do in OSCE. Blind my patient with the torch, probably. Alas, such is life.



No comments: