Friday, March 22, 2013

Before you go, can you read my mind?





Oh my God, Italy.

I admit it took a little time for Italy to grow on me. The constant drizzling rain were a pain and almost made me give up on the trip. My boots were soaked through, I was always wet with blurry glasses and floppy hair all over my face; it was hard to like Italy despite the heavenly pizzas. But once the sun came out and stayed out, it was everything I wanted it to be. Overloaded with history with such simple ways of living and the best kind of people. The kind that leaves you alone but doesn't mind being stopped in the middle of the street for a conversation.

A bunch of mad stuffs happened and they were amazing and I wish I can do them all over again and I don't really feel like writing them all down and I just want them in my head because some things should just stay in your head.

But holy snozzberies I will say this. The people there (and by people I of course mean the guys) are so incredibly good looking. Also since it's winter they're all growing out their beard so you can imagine how every few minutes or so I would go "DAYUM" while walking down the streets with my jaws gaping.

We took a short little walking tour of Florence and visited the place where Dante first saw Beatrice. The lady tour guide said that he only met Beatrice a couple of times but he was so moved by her that she became his muse throughout his life. It was kind of weird and creepy, but I get it. I swear every Italian guy that ever smiled/looked/winked at me became my Beatrice. There was this one guy at the bus stop, with beautiful brown eyes and an even more beautiful smile, sigh, just- yeah, I wish I had stopped the bus, got down and hugged that beautiful man.

People say I've put on a little weight from all the pizza, but I swear they're just jealous because I weighed myself last night and I have the same weight I had before I went to Italy. I could be delusional but even so I couldn't really give that much of a crap because all the pizzas I've eaten were blew into life by angels and baked by the sweet tender springtime sun and sprinkled with world peace.

Also, hey I had red hair for the trip which was frightening and bad ass. I both don't want to look at my pictures and want to post them everywhere so everyone can see them.

I was listening to The Killer's "Read My Mind" while stuck in transit in Zurich Airport at 2 am in the morning and I swear that song is the perfect song to remind myself of that trip. I never really noticed how great the lyrics are, especially that last line, 

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun, when you read my mind."  

No comments: