Wednesday, June 5, 2013

If I was young, I'd flee this town.


You know how sometimes you lug things from your past around town and everything you do is affected by this bag of regrets or whatever, that really has no place where you're going. People should travel light in life. I'm not saying forget about it completely, I just think once you've learned from it and taken what you can get from it, it should be left there because come on let's face it, you'll just tire yourself out from dragging that thing around.

____________

I had a pseudo-existentialist conversation with a friend and we agreed that people are like swimming pools. Some people gets peed in, others have magnificent BBQ summer parties. And before you dive in with your hopes and dreams you better be wearing some floaties or at least have a basic knowledge of swimming or else all of those dreams are going to drown and die. Also, once in a while it's okay to go crazy and fill your pool with grape juice and Gatorade and have a little fun with your friends.

And he said that when swimming pool people die, their watery soul goes to the sea where they would forever be immortalized in an aquatic wonderland. Then he showed me this band, Beirut which I am now eternally in love with.




And I realize that I am surrounded by talented people. Athletes, cooks, social butterflies, film makers, future criminal defence lawyers, tax accountants, people who can juggle.

And then there's me, a person that comes up with stupid metaphors for people and bake cupcakes in her past time. I'd feel a little sad, but well my cupcakes are damn tasty.


No comments: