Friday, June 21, 2013

Heaven have mercy.


I love war related series/movies. I don't watch them as much as I want, but I love them.

No, no you don't get it. I love baking. I love shirtless guys with sexy abs. I love dogs. I love Mark Ruffalo.
But I love war related series/movies. It's goddamn italicized. In the world of typeface, that's about as dead serious as it gets.

Recently, I've been mad about Band of Brothers. I have the goddamn soundtrack playing right now as I write this and it's been on for the past 2 days. I've raved about it to my friends, and about 80% of them said something along the lines of "Oh yeah my dad loves that show." So what I would really like to do is gather all these magnificent beasts they call 'dads' and have a fucking marathon so that I can finally share this bursting unadulterated affection I have for this goddamn show.

I have this weird thing with wars and armies and big things exploding and sacrifices and courage. It's been there since I was a kid, I shit you not. I swear if you look at my old notebooks, you know the ones where teachers made you write your autobiography in; name, age, parent's occupation etc. , you will see 'soldier' under 'ambition'. And I use to go around telling people I want to join the goddamn army when I'm older.

I think it's the fact that these people go to war fully knowing they could die at any second but still willingly join in because it's the right thing to do, and I think I just really want to be that kind of person.


No comments: